- Premium Grade Crystal
- How To Use
- Additional Information
Gua Sha is an ancient health and beauty system from the Far East. While many different substances were used to perform Gua Sha for health especially on the back, Crystal Gua Sha were reserved to beautify the faces of only the richest and most powerful women of the ancient world.
This trend is now continuing in the west with celebrity advocates of Gua Sha treatments including Gwyneth Paltrow, Jennifer Aniston and Elle Macpherson.
Crystal Gua Sha gently massage the skin to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, decrease eye bags and sagging and lift and tone the skin.
In many ways it works similarly to the now famous crystal rollers but Gua Sha can provide an even more targeted beauty treatment for your individual needs.
Recent research has confirmed what the ancient Chinese have long known. Used properly Gua Sha can -
Increase microcirculation in the skin by up to 400% (1).
This affect will last for 25 minutes after treatment.
The other Key Benefits of using the Clear Quartz Gua Sha include -
- Dramatically improves microcirculation
- Increases Lymphatic Drainage
- Benefits swelling and puffiness
- Lifts and Tones the skin
- Decreases sagging and loose skin
- Improves fine lines and wrinkles
- Clear Quartz is considered a master healer benefiting all systems of the body
- Suitable for sensitive skin
In ancient China where Gua Sha originated, jade was considered the most important crystal. Originally most crystal Gua Sha were made from nephrite jade for this reason.
Meanwhile in Europe Quartz crystal became the most common crystal for ornate carvings and beauty tools.
Clear Quartz is considered a master healer crystal. It is believed to benefit every chakra in the body. It is used to amplify positive energy and intentions.
Its ability to benefit all systems in the body means it is suitable for all skin types.
The Clear Quartz Gua Sha is hand carved from A grade crystal. The crystal is never chemically treated to soften the crystal and improve profits.
The White Lotus Clear Quartz Gua Sha comes in a beautifully silk lined box for storage, with full instructions and with the unique White Lotus Lifetime Guarantee with Normal use.
1. Nielsen A, et al. (2007). The effect of Gua Sha treatment on the microcirculation of surface tissue: a pilot study in healthy subjects. Explore (NY). Sep-Oct;3(5):456-66.
Being notoriously hard to carve, all our Crystal Gua Shas have been painstakingly hand carved without the use of harsh chemicals which is a process used by some brands to soften the crystal to help speed up the carving process.
We avoid the use of chemicals as we believe it not only affects the quality of the Gua Sha but it has a detrimental effect on the energetic quality of the crystal, thereby reducing the overall health benefits.
To learn more about the chemical treatment of crystal used by many other companies please follow this link.
We are so confident in the quality of our Crystal that we offer a lifetime Guarantee on all the crystal products with normal use.
When selecting your crystal beauty product choose wisely and choose one you are attracted to. The crystals have been a long time in the making and with proper care will last you a life time.
If you need any assistance in Choosing which type of Crystal will work best for your skin please refer to our handy chart of the properties of the crystals
Directions for use:
Please also view the video on the description page for a visual demonstration
- Start by applying the White Lotus Anti Aging serums directly to the face. The serum uses a green tea oil base. This serum will allow the Gua Sha to gently glide across the skin for better results.
- Always Start on right side the face as this is the way energy is believed to flow by the ancient Chinese.
- Start by stroking up the face using the point of the gua sha in straight lines from the chin up and outwards over the cheeks.
- Then stroke upwards and outwards over the same area using a zig zag motion.
- Use the “Fish Tail” end of the comb and start at the chin stroking up the line of the jaw using the fish tail to cradle the jaw line.
- Use the long curved side of the comb and gently stroke across and outwards from the side of the nose below the eyes.
- Use the long curved side of the comb to stroke outwards and upwards across the temples.
- Use the long curved side of the comb to stroke from the centre of the forehead outwards. Slowly repeat this process moving up the forehead.
- Repeat this process on the left side of the face.
- On problem wrinkles it is good to target them by stretching out the skin on either side of the wrinkle and then massaging along the wrinkle in a zig zag motion with the pointy end of the gua sha. This provides strong circulation to the base of the wrinkle.
- To finish the massage place the pointed end of the gua sha in the depression in front of the ear. Stroke gently up and around the ear and then down the neck. Traditionally this was used to drain any toxins accumulated in the skin during the massage.
All White Lotus Crystal Gua Sha come with
- The unique Lifetime Guarantee with normal use
- Dedicated Professional Support
- Silk Lined Box for nurturing the roller between treatments
- 30+ years for Professional Expertise
Always choose the crystal Gua Sha you are most attracted to. White Lotus offers guidance as to the benefits of different types of crystal.
This can help but a well made crystal beauty product will last you a lifetime so it is important to choose one that you will enjoy using for the rest of your life.
Dimensions of the Clear Quartz Gua Sha
11cm long 6.5 wide As this product is hand carved slight variations may occur
Silk Lined Box 14.5cm 11.5cm 3.5cm